According to the AFAA, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, personal training manual there are six dimensions of Wellness. I’m attempting to address all of them either in posts or menus on the site. The 6 dimensions are:
Today, let’s get intellectual. My attempt on the plane flight home to do something intellectual was to pick up the flight magazine and do the crossword. Mind you, I was a math major, so doing any type of word puzzle is way out of my comfort zone. But it gave me an idea! Why not try to exercise a different part of your brain than you normally use.
Soon after I started to work on mine, the guy next to me picked up his crossword and finished it in 10 minutes. Thanks for showing me up dude! My puzzle took the entire flight, and I even cheated a little off of his paper.
Other suggestions I’ve tried and enjoyed
1. Take a class at the community college – these are pretty cheap and who cares what grade you get!
3. Alternate reading fiction/non-fiction
4. Attend a college lecture
5. Listen to NPR – I started listening in the car when my kids were toddlers because I was afraid my brain was turning into complete mush!
• Ran 5 miles, 5 minutes core, 5 minutes stretch
• Vanilla yogurt with blueberries
Tailgate lunch before and a little after the game – see picture
• Black bean salad
• Tomato Mozzarella salad
• Chicken kabobs
• Spicy shrimp
At the game drank a diet soda for the souvenir cup!
Supper at nice restaurant:
• Chardonnay – split 2 bottles with another couple, but I probably drank most of it 😦
• Cheese plate appetizer
• Duck breast (not deep-fried), mashed potatoes and asparagus
So, the diet soda, wine, and dinner choices weren’t optimal, but it’s okay. I’m heading back home where I can pick up my better habits 🙂